COVID-19 violators under travel ban cannot get new passports – CG

0

THE Comptroller-General, Nigeria Immigration Service, Muhammad Babandede, has said the 100 explorers under movement limitations can’t sidestep the NIS framework to acquire new identifications.

Babandede clarified that the framework would consequently recognize and raise the alert if any of the violators applied for visa re-issuance.

The NIS manager made the explanation following worries that the violators whose international IDs had been seized may endeavor to acquire new identifications and escape the nation.

The influenced people had been put under half year travel boycott by the Federal Government with impact from January 1.

Revealing insight into how the NIS framework functions in a phone meet with our journalist on Monday, the CG stated, “It isn’t workable for them to apply for new visas; we have passed that level in the Nigeria Immigration Service. The framework won’t re-issue the identification regardless of whether they lost their travel papers or state they need to transform them; it could never work.”

ALSO READ:  EMERGING FACTS: See Who Selected Members Of Election Tribunal Inaugurated By New CJN

CG orders to authorize COVID-19 guilty parties’ movement boycott

In the interim, Babandede has guided NIS arrangements to implement the movement boycott forced on 100 explorers who purportedly mocked the required seven-day post-appearance COVID-19 polymerase chain response test.

He said the defaulting travelers had been confined for a half year, from January 1 to June 30, 2021, in accordance with the Federal Government’s mandate.

The CG in an assertion on Monday by the NIS Spokesman, Sunday James, expressed that the influenced travelers had been told and would be kept from identification re-issuance and going external the nation during the period.

ALSO READ:  UNBELIEVABLE: Leah Sharibu Killed? - See Disturbing Video

The assertion was named, ‘Transitory travel limitations on 100 travelers abusing COVID-19 isolate conventions.’

Peruse ALSO: Robbers shoot dead Lagos Uber driver, take vehicle

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation and Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha, had reported the approval on the voyagers in an update named ‘Travel limitation,’ delivered by the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture, on Friday.

As indicated by him, the a half year’s movement limitation depended on “official power.”

ALSO READ:  Biafra :Why we decide to go after Nnamdi Kanu's sureties instead of the Nigeria Army -Justice Binta Nyako

The NIS in its assertion cautioned the influenced travelers to agree to the mandate to try not to break general wellbeing conventions and refusal of flight.

It stated, “The 100 defaulting travelers have been limited for a time of a half year, from January 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021. All the influenced travelers have been told and will be kept from visa re-issuance and going external the nation during this period.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here