SAHARANEWS – President of the United States, Donald Trump has reacted to the attack on a military base housing some US troops in Iraq.
SaharaNews had reported that the Iran military Tuesday night fired dozens of missiles at the troops in Iraq, with alleged few causalities.
Reacting, President Trump said the level of casualties were being assessed, describing the US military as being the best in the world today.
“All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good!
“We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning”, Mr Trump tweeted.
On her part, speaker of the US House of Representatives, Ms Nancy Pelosi said she was closely monitoring the situation, while calling for prayers.
“We’ve got to pray,” she said, adding, “I’m closely monitoring the situation.”
“We must ensure the safety of our service members, including ending needless provocations from the administration and demanding that Iran cease its violence.
“America and world cannot afford war”, speaker Pelosi tweeted minutes after the attack Wednesday morning (local time).