The Federal Government has set a cutoff time of December 1 for government employees to take the COVID-19 antibody.
Administrator of the Presidential Steering Committee on COVID-19 and Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, declared this at a preparation on Wednesday in Abuja.
“With impact from first December 2021, Federal Government workers will be needed to show verification of COVID-19 immunization, or present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result done inside 72 hours to access their workplaces in all areas inside Nigeria and our Missions.
“A suitable help wide warning/round will be given to direct the cycle,” the SGF said.
He likewise uncovered that the public authority has taken out South Africa, Brazil, and Turkey from the rundown of nations where explorers have been limited from coming into Nigeria because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Mustapha clarified that the public authority took the choice to lift the boycott following a crisis meeting held before the instructions.
He additionally lauded the United Kingdom for auditing its movement conventions which permitted completely inoculated explorers from Nigeria to enter the country without having to hole up after their appearance.
“More than a while, four nations were put on undeniable level limitation for explorers from such nations,” the SGF said. “The PSC has after a survey of the improvements in these nations, chosen to eliminate South Africa, Turkey, and Brazil from the confined rundown.
“As you know, the UK has facilitated limitations on completely immunized explorers from Nigeria to the UK with impact from eleventh October. Nigeria invites this turn of events and guarantees that the PSC will keep on checking on Nigeria’s conventions dependent on worldwide turns of events, science, and public experience. An updated convention will be given in the following 24 hours.”
He cautioned Nigerians on the impending two significant strict merriments – Salah and Christmas, taking note of that there would be expanded traveler traffic all through the nation Similarly and perhaps occasions of enormous get-togethers.
Mustapha, who said the PSC would raise observation and other control exercises, encouraged the states and all Nigerians to expand their cautiousness.
Peruse the full text of his instructions beneath:
Comments OF THE CHAIRMAN OF THE PRESIDENTIAL STEERING COMMITTEE ON COVID – 19 AT THE NATIONAL BRIEFING ON WEDNESDAY 13TH OCTOBER, 2021
I invite you to the National instructions of the Presidential Steering Committee on COVID-19 for the thirteenth October 2021. The present instructions, coming after a crisis meeting, will refresh Nigerians on some key turns of events.
2. The preparation today will subsequently be zeroing in on refreshes from the NCDC, Countries on the limitation list, our relationship with the UAE on Emirates and the antibodies command.
3. Measurements created in the course of the most recent a month on testing have shown that the pattern of contamination is going down in certain states while in others, the direction is vertically. The consolidated absolute for testing by PCR and RDT presently remains at around 3.141, 795 million people.
4. The flying experts as a team with the discretionary area have gained sensible headway in a joint effort with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Conversations are as yet continuous with the UAE specialists to determine the stalemate.
The Hon Minister of Aviation today, introduced the situation of African nations on Vaccine Passport which some financial squares and nations wish to force, for movement purposes. This is on the grounds that African nations have thought that it is hard to get to the antibodies for their residents in adequate numbers.
5. More than a while, four nations were set on undeniable level limitations for explorers from such nations. The PSC has after an audit of the improvements in these nations, chosen to eliminate South Africa, Turkey, and Brazil from the confined rundown.
6. As you know, the UK has facilitated limitations on completely immunized voyagers from Nigeria to the UK with impact from eleventh October. Nigeria invites this turn of events and guarantees that the PSC will keep on assessing Nigeria’s conventions dependent on worldwide turns of events, science and public experience. An amended convention will be given in the following 24 hours.
7. With impact from first December 2021, Federal Government representatives will be needed to show confirmation of COVID-19 inoculation or present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result done inside 72 hours, to access their workplaces, in all areas inside Nigeria and our Missions. A proper help wide warning/round will be given to direct the interaction.
8. The PSC wishes to notify Nigerians that two significant strict merriments (Salah and Christmas) are drawing nearer and we will encounter expanded traveler traffic all through the country. Also, occasions of enormous social affairs are probably going to hold. While the PSC plans to heighten observation and other control exercises, we ask the States and all Nigerians to likewise expand their cautiousness and go to lengths to direct exercises.
9. I thank you for your understanding. The PSC will expound on every one of these at our next standard preparation.