Sahara News
Breaking News in Nigeria and World wide

FG Threatens CNN, Describes Lekki Incident As ‘Massacre Without Dead Bodies’

The Nigerian Government on Thursday insisted that there was no mass killing at the Lekki Toll Gate in the wake of the #EndSARS protests contrary to the general belief.

The government also threatened to sanction a foreign media outlet, CNN, over its report on the incident.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed.

Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, in a press conference in Abuja on Thursday described the report by the foreign news medium as “irresponsible journalism”.

ALSO READ:  JUST IN: APC Leader, Children, Driver Escape Assassination

Mohammed claimed not a single body had been produced or a single family come out to claim their loved ones were killed at the Lekki Toll Gate.

He called for a sanction for the foreign media organisation but did not disclose where the sanction should come from.

The minister also said the government stands by last Saturday’s testimony of the Commander of 81 Military Intelligence Brigade, Victoria Island, Lagos, Brig. Gen. Taiwo, who told the Judicial Panel of Inquiry instituted by the Lagos State Government that blank bullets were fired at the toll gate.

ALSO READ:  BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Alleges That Buhari Is Not In Makkah, Says Presidency Using Old Images To Deceive Nigerians, Reveals Where Buhari Is – See Photos

According to Mohammed, some “unscrupulous persons” including celebrities circulated fake news on the social media that aggravated the violence that trailed the two-week demonstration. of Inquiry instituted by the Lagos State Government that blank bullets were fired at the toll gate.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.

error: Content is protected !!